Serving others is an opportunity to demonstrate the love of Christ to the world in a tangible way. Whether its delivering a meal, building a fence, or mentoring a student, service meets a physical need that builds bridges for spiritual conversations and transformation. Whether done in public or private, locally or globally, we serve that God may be glorified.
Types of Serving Commitments
One-Time: are non-committal, one-time opportunities. (Monthly events as well)
Ongoing: these can be weekly.
– One-Time: Drive mobile unit
– Ongoing: Serve as a one-on-one mentor to a pregnant mother
– Ongoing: Teach a class
– One-Time: Prepare/share meal with residents, facilitate Saturday morning Bible study at Men’s or Womens home
– Ongoing: Provide maintenance and yard work assistance
– Ongoing: Mentor students in afterschool program
– August 29th: Ice Cream Social – Come connect with IFO!
– One-Time: Connect with International students at Tuesday “Conversation Club”
– Ongoing: Be paired with an international student to navigate American life
– One-Time: Provide a “hot meal” or freezer meal for a foster family
– One-Time: provide a “hot meal” or freezer meal for families in treatment, write encouraging notes/cards, prepare welcome baskets
– Ongoing: “Sponsor a family” in treatment by providing encouragement, meals, and other assistance
– Ongoing: Become a mentor or a tutor
– One-Time: Donate freezer meals, provide a “hot meal” for Tuesday night “Gathering”, pack incentive bags for youth
– Ongoing: Construction, yard work and maintenance projects
– One-Time: Donate non-perishable food items and cleaning supplies
For more information on serving email us.